Friday, August 13, 2010

Almost 3 months later....

I've been so bad about blogging lately! It's been almost 3 months.  

I finally had my gallbladder out.  They made me wait two months.  I was in the ER twice with unbelieveable pain.  It was definitely worse than childbirth.  I kid you not!

Partly because of this, I am now down nearly 30 pounds!  Crazy enough, I can still wear the same clothing.  It is just loose on me.  I don't get it.  I'm having that mind-over-mirror distortion of how I see myself... but I've had 5 different people tell me this week that I look great.  :)  That is so good to hear!  I need to take some new pictures and get this updated.  I promise that I will try to be better. 

It seems that my intestines are still drowsy from my surgery.  It's been a week and they are not working.  I don't see the dr til Monday, so I am going to call tomorrow just to see what he says.  I was so afraid that this was going to be the opposite.  I'm not pleasantly surprised.  ugh!

We went to the Jonas Brothers/ Demi Lovado concert last night with friends.  The girls REALLY enjoyed themselves.

Tonight, I laid out in our front yard and watched the ah-mazing meteor shower with the boys.  Dave and the girls came out for a few short minutes... too impatient to wait.  It was so worth it.  We saw a giant one that lasted a good 2 seconds.  We made a wonderful memory!  Hoping to watch again tomorrow as well.  Things like this are priceless!

My husband had a spontaneous tearing of his Achille's tendon.  He's going to be off of work for a few weeks, at least.  I thought that he had a blood clot based on the symptoms.  We are blessed! 

Anyways, that's about it for now....  We are still working on our fostering home study and I really am not ready for the kids to go back to school :( 

xo - Christina

1 comment:

  1. Hope your feeling better now... it's October, by the way... still blogging? ;)

    What a cool thing to do with the meteor shower!

    ReplyDelete